


(If you notice, I get one idea and use it to death. I also just have a TON of frames that I need to do things with)
Our little Halloween vignette. It has changed a bit since and will probably continue to morph as Halloween approaches. (Yes, I know the little ghost lights are tacky, but my kids love 'em :)) I hope you can kind of see it, i'ts kind of a busy picture. I made the little tree, spray painted some branches and tied on some ribbon and the crows that came from the dollar store. I've always loved decorating cakes, but it's definitely time comsuming. (And, you know, it's not like I have kids to feed and change, laundry to do, floors to mop, dishes to wash...) Hopefully I'm getting better each cake I make. (These pics are mainly for my Mother, the cake queen.)
From Kimball's birthday cake last year, to the brown and pink I made for my sister-in-law, 
to Ross & Rogan's cake. Then I made this cake for Kimball's grandmother's birthday a couple of weeks ago.
I'm still trying to figure out how I could have make the fondant stand up better (tips anyone?). Then I made this cake yesterday.

I made this cake and cupcakes for my friend Fabiola's baby shower. She is a sweetheart and I wanted her to have something really cute. This was my first full fondant cake and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out! I love decorating cakes, but it's definetely time consuming.
I'm still trying to figure out how I could have make the fondant stand up better (tips anyone?). Then I made this cake yesterday.
I made this cake and cupcakes for my friend Fabiola's baby shower. She is a sweetheart and I wanted her to have something really cute. This was my first full fondant cake and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out! I love decorating cakes, but it's definetely time consuming. So if anyone has fun cheap craft ideas let me know!
Well, I'm off to find some pipe cleaners to make spiders with my kids and to clean and spray paint some chicken wire so I can make myself a cool little memo board.
7 comments:
why don't you call your neighbors when you're making cute crafty stuff? maybe they would want to play too!!!
Look at you Ms. Crafty! EVERYTHING is BEAUTIFUL! I'll take one of each!:)
Aubrey your cake for Fabiola's shower was so cute and yummy! I didn't see you there - I had Robby so had to leave early - but loved the cake! And good job being crafty!!
Aubrey-all of your crafts are so darling! I love the tree and the crows! Maybe we need to pass on the title of enrichment leader to you! :)
Fun! I've been the same way lately! It's very therapeutic. Hey I'm wondering if I can still use your boppy! I can't bring myself to buy one if I could just borrow one, you know. Just let me know, if not that's totally fine but I'll probably see you tomorrow!
Gumpaste is great to use for flowers but could be a little harder for a bow. Fondant mixed together with gumpaste is softer than the gumpaste alone. Some decorators add Fixodent denture adhesive, the powdered kind only, at a ratio of about 1 tsp. of Fixodent powder to about a cup or a hardball sized mound of fondant. (This sounds strange but it is food safe. After all many folks use this product in their mouth for their dentures, but still don't eat it). Pretty much what it comes down to is a moisture problem. Maybe just letting them dry thoroughly (2-7 days) in their molded shape would fix your problem.
Ps-very cute. I'm sorry I missed the shower so I couldn't see it!
Post a Comment