skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The strike is over.
Last week Tad went on a nursing strike. I nursed him Sunday night and the next day he refused to eat! He had a cold the week before and had developed an ear infection, so I think that it hurt his ears to suck. He wouln't take a bottle either, so for six days I pumped and fed him with a syringe. He actually thought it was kind of fun to eat through a syringe and I was worried that he was going to forever want to syringe eat and make me feed him one drop at a time! Finally on Saturday he took a bottle. He drank the milk I had pumped for him and then a bottle of formula too. Yay! He is a picky, strong-willed child and had previously refused the formula and never liked the bottle. So I was very happy and started wondering if I should wean h
im. (He had been bitting me ALOT with his two very sharp bottom teeth for about 2-3 months now, so I was willing to wean :)) Then Sunday morning at 6:00 am he woke up very fussy and started pawing me. I was surprised - he wanted to nurse! So I fed him and he's been great the last couple of days. The very good news is that he will still take a bottle of formula and nurse, so I feel like the weaning process in a few months is going to be alot smoother, and until them I am happy to still breast feed him because I think it's so good for him! He still thinks it is a fun game to drink from a bottle and now when I leave him with a babysitter I won't have to return every couple of hours to feed my baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment