Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Ross & Rogan!

Ross and Rogan turned three on Friday! I can't believe my babies are already 3! They wanted a birthday party so bad so we had a little party for them Saturday. Here are a few of the kids that were there, more came later. It was so hard to get them to all hold still to take a picture we didn't even attempt it with the whole group.
In this picture we have (left to right) Parker, Rogan, Mia, Gracyn, Jane, Ross and Tad. Later we had Ethan, Kylie, Cade and Kaia come.

We played basketball, played with balloons, ate pizza, colored McQueen pictures, opened presents, ate cake and ice cream and went home! It was a lot of fun. Ross and Rogan made out like bandits thanks to Papa, Grandma and all their friends. Everyone was so generous, thank you! You made their day!!!
The twins told me forever ago that they wanted a McQueen cake. I decided to try to sculpt one. (what was I thinking!) I lost interest for the project before I began because I felt like it was so out of my league, so I was pleasantly surprised that it turned out pretty good! I wasn't too stressed out about it (unlike me-probably because I had no expectations) I began a few days early and just did a step a day. I made it out of two square cakes stacked on each other, cut out the shape, frosted it, put the mouth on, covered it in fondant and added the decorations (and yes, I used googly eyes, it made my life so much easier). Ross and Rogan jumped up and down this morning and said it was the best Lightning McQueen cake ever! That of course made me feel really good. :D
Cupcakes. Lightning bolts are actually kind of hard to cut out. Kimball did a great job of doing that for me.



Here are 5 things about each boy that I love.


Ross:

1. He is independent. He thinks he is so big and can do everything himself. Most of the time he can.

2. He acts tough, but if you give him a hug he caves and gives you a big hug. He has always been my little love bug. He loves to kiss his mom.

3. He is so silly! He comes up with the funniest phrases and faces.

4. He is so happy all the time. He likes being just his size. Whenever we talk about growing up he cries; "I don't want to grow up!" He is happy just being who he is right now.

5. He is a natural at almost anything. He can jump, run, throw a ball, and do all kinds of things on his first try. And he isn't afraid to try new things.


Rogan:

1. Always aware of others and their feelings. He is such a good friend and gets along with everyone!

2. He always gives me loves. He will come up to me at the most random times and give me big hugs. I love it! He always asks me "Are you ok, hon?" He picked it up from Kimball. It's very cute. I hurt myself often (Taylor grace) so he says it all the time and it never fails to put a smile on my face.

3. Smart as a whip! If this kid hears something once he can repeat it back to you. He is like a sponge and absorbs anything we teach him.

4. He is very polite. Always uses his manners.

5. He loves life! He always has a huge smile on his face and loves running around and just being a boy!


I could go on about them forever. One of the things I love most is that they love each other and Tad. They hate being apart and are so excited to see each other in the mornings after they wake up. They are such active boys and love all things boy. They are so happy and laughing and smiling all the time. I feel like bawling just thinking about how special they are to me. I am one lucky mommy!

11 comments:

Jan said...

My children continue to be my greatest joy. When people ask me about my children I embarrass because I can't stop talking about them.

Isn't it great to be in love with your children.

Sarah said...

That IS the best lightning mcqueen cake ever. I'm so proud of you for your ambition and your results! Good job mama.

Kim said...

Holy Cow! That is indeed an amazing cake. Sorry we missed the party- glad you guys had fun!

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

Aubrey- that cake is so amazing! You have mad skills :)

Elise said...

Your boys sounds so adorable! I wish i knew them better! But happy birthday anyway! It looked like a great one and i agree with them , that really is the best lightening mcQueen birthday cake ever!

Michal Thompson said...

I am so impressed! I have to make a cake here soon and I have no idea how to use fondant. Any words of wisdom? Thanks for adding to my memory lane. So what was your part in the health fair all those years ago. Oh, and I have a friend who is having twins, more words of wisdom?

Dink said...

Wow those little guys are just getting older by the minute1!! That is crazy that they are three soon they will be in kindergarten!! I love the race car cake it is darling and the cupcakes soo clever!!1

rachelli said...

Oh my! I should be taking cake decorating classes from you!!

Rach Romney said...

SOrry its a little late, but Happy BIrthday to the boys! I can't believe that they are 3! Time goes by so fast! And Aubrey your cake looks AWESOME! You did a grea job!

textracy said...

Aubrey, thanks for such a fun party! Mia had a blast. You have to teach me how to make fondant. I loved your cake. You are so creative!

Vegan_Noodle said...

Awesome job on that sculpted cake!! I've never tried that before, maybe someday :-)
Your boys (all three of them) are adorable!