Many people have used this word to describe me. Again and again.
This tag is really going around isn't it? I actually like reading about funny things that people do. SO, here are my 6 quirky things.
1. I wink at people alot. Male and Female. Most are taken aback when I do this. Don't worry I'm happily married, I'm not trying to flirt with your husband. It's just a habit. :)
2. I check on my children several times before I go to bed. It almost always has to be the last thing I do at night. I dunno, I'm just a little OCD and paranoid.
3. I often narrate my life as if I were an author writing a book. IE, "I'm hungry, she thought as she hurried off to borrow some flour from the neighbors."
4. When I relax I see really pretty, original pictures in my head. If I were an artist, we'd be rich.
5. I have to make my bed every day. I don't always get the rest of my house clean, but if the bed is made I feel like I can proceed. If I haven't made it for some odd reason, when I walk into the room it pretty much wrecks my day. Also, if I'm going to clean my room I have to make the bed first. A little trick my Mom taught me, the room doesn't look so overwhelming when the bed's made.
6. I was born and raised in Mexico, but I get embarassed speaking spanish because I haven't spoken in a long time and I'm insecure about doing something that I'm not completely sure I can do perfectly (there I said it-I'm working on that issue). When it really comes out though is when I'm mad or scared or taken by surprise. Then spanish phrases fly out of my mouth and the standerbys look stunned.
Now, I know that you are all thinking that I have some issues and that most of my "quirks" have a code in the DSM, but I'm fine, really. (This one has it's own...denial) Please don't turn me in to the closest shrink. (This statement may not as apply as much anymore as I have tweaked this post a bit so as not to appear insane :) Man! What else did she confess to?, they thought as they shook their heads in disbelief.)
I tag everyone who wants to share their quirky selves with the rest of us. We will still be your friends--pretty sure. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have to make the bed daily too. You're right -- it really helps the room look better.
That was fun to read! I like the winking thing!! :)
You're not quirky. :) I check on Christian as the last thing before bed every night too. I can't sleep if I don't.
that was hilarious. ha i loved it.
did you have fun with grandma yesterday?
Your not quirky, I think we all just realize how "normal" we are when we read each other's quirks. I can't imagine seeing kimball in that small of a car!!
that's not too weird. i wish you wouldn't have edited. i always think i must be the weirdest person ever, so i love hearing about how weird other people all too. it's just all behind closed doors...i don't believe it when people say they're not quirky. they're just denying their inner being.
Post a Comment