Saturday, October 11, 2008

Really Mom, I don't need a nap!

Our 2-1/2 year olds have decided they don't need a nap. I disagree, but have decided the last few days that it's not worth the hours of begging, pleading, laying by them and wasting my afternoon, screaming and tears (all 3 of us) to get them to take a nap. So my days are incredibly long with no break and this is usually what happens about dinner time.



As Kimball and I were laughing and taking pics of sleeping Rogan, Ross woke up and saw us and said "take a picture of me making a funny face!". So I did.

Silly.

Of course, Dad had to get in on the fun.

So if any of you have good nap time suggestions I'd love to hear them. Some random days they will nap, but I guess I just don't wear them out enough most mornings. I don't know how that's possible---I'M definitely worn out!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Allen doesn't nap anymore either. But we always have quiet time after lunch. It's his time to lay down on the couch with books and his blanket. I come get him when it's time to get up. A few times he has actually fallen asleep and surprised me.

Good luck. It's tough when you don't get a breack.

Michal Thompson said...

I am so sad for you- when naps go the way of the wind, it is a day for mourning! You just have to try your hardest to wear them out. It is all about expectations. If you don't expect them to take a nap, you won't get upset about it. And then if they do take a nap you are so happy! You just have to have "quiet time" which is really "mom's sanity time." Inforce it now so they won't know any different. Get them to do something they can do by themselves, make good rules!!

BABSA Romney said...

I'm finally coming to visit your blog. Your boys are so darling. You look great too. You have always been such a sweet heart. You are one of my favorite "teenagers" from the colonies--even if you're all grown up now!

Esther Noelle said...

Oooo I'm so nervous for that day! The days Robby fights nap time I get so scared thinking, "you're only 18 months!" I want naptime to last at least the first 5 years!! :) My mom used to bungee cord our doors shut and just leave us in our rooms for an hour or two to get a break. Don't know how that would go over today... Good luck and let me know what works for you! You guys could come play at my house one morning if you need a change of scenery!