Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Kimball!

Today is Kimball's birthday!
We got to go on a little date Saturday. We went to the Bombay house for some Indian food, then we went ice skating.
I haven't been ice skating since I was 12, so you can imagine how that went. My hockey-playing husband skated circles around me. There's something wrong when he looks more graceful than I. (Then again, that's not always too dificult... :) I look like such a shortie next to him, but I guess I am a shortie compared to him.) Then we went to the store and got some snacks and rented a movie and went home to watch it.
I made this cake for Kimball. It was a carrot cake and you may know, that decorating a cake with cream cheese frosting isn't easy, (it's too sticky) but I couldn't just make a regular square cake... Besides I think this looks a little like his old 4-runner, no?

Anyway, all of you who know me know that I think Kimball is absolutely incredible. Almost 5 years of marriage and I still think he walks on water. :)

Happy Birthday, Kimball!

A big THANKS to Mat and Amanda for babysitting our kids so we could go have a great time. :)

4 comments:

Harrison - Party of Four! said...

Love that cake- great job :)

Andrea said...

Nice job on that cake. (Ross and I went ice skating last year and we both looked pretty pathetic. I think we only made it around the rink twice before we left. Little kids were whizzing past us -- I know how you feel).

Esther Noelle said...

Wow I'm impressed with your cake! And sounds like a fun date night!!

Michal Thompson said...

Tell Kimball I said Happy birthday!!!